We are pleased to announce the release of our 11th instrument, the FIR Filter Builder!
- Build finite-impulse-response (FIR) filters at sampling rates of up to 15 MS/s.
- Create arbitrary impulse responses with over 14,000 coefficients.
- Design filters in the time domain or in the frequency domain, choosing from common impulse responses and window functions.
- Load your own filter coefficients or enter an equation to create a customized impulse response.
- Visualize the filter's transfer function, impulse and step response, or group and phase delay.
- Block diagram view of the digital signal processing with built-in probe points for signal monitoring.
- 2 input channels, 2 output channels with control matrix for blending inputs.
Other improvements include:
- Advanced triggering settings in the Oscilloscope including Pulse mode, holdoff time and Nth event trigger.
- New min hold, max hold and user-defined equation options for the Oscilloscope math channel.
- The built-in monitor oscilloscopes in the Lock-in Amplifier, the PID Controller, the Digital Filter Box and the FIR Filter Builder now also have a math channel, complete with user-defined equation mode.
- New custom equation editor makes entering equations much easier and more intuitive. The editor is available when defining custom waveforms in the Arbitrary Waveform Generator, custom impulse responses in the FIR Filter Builder, and custom equations in the Oscilloscope math channel.
- Data logging improvements: it is now possible to schedule a log to start after a delay of up to 10 days. The maximum logging rate to CSV file in RAM has also been increased to 20 kHz.
- New advanced configuration mode for the PID Controller.
- New Bessel, Gaussian and Legendre filter type options for better time-domain performance in the Digital Filter Box, giving superior time domain performance.
- Minor bugfixes, interface improvements and performance enhancements.
We want to hear from you! If you have feedback, bug reports or feature requests, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.