During this special presentation, Liquid Instruments co-founder and CEO Daniel Shaddock shares next-generation strategies to perform optical phase locking using digitally implemented, FPGA-based lock-in amplifiers and phasemeters. He covers advanced phase measurement techniques essential for applications such as coherent beam combining (CBC), optical metrology, free-space optical (FSO) communication, and gravitational wave detection.
The presentation introduces phase and compares several common phase measurement techniques. You’ll learn how to improve measurement confidence and speed with dedicated phase detection, consolidate legacy test equipment, and reduce costs with software-defined instrumentation. You’ll also discover new strategies to optimize your optics and photonics experiments by:
- Selecting the best phase measurement technique for a variety of measurement challenges.
- Understanding the advantages of real-time digital signal processing for laser frequency stabilization and phase locking.
- Leveraging flexible, FPGA-based processing with a digital-first approach to quickly adapt instrumentation to your measurement requirements.
- Building sophisticated signal-processing pipelines with multi-instrument capabilities.
The webinar includes a presentation, demonstration, and live Q&A session.
- Title: Revolutionizing measurements: Next-generation strategies for modern phase detection
- Date recorded: June 20, 2023
- Speaker: Daniel Shaddock
Register for immediate access